PLEASE READ AND PRINT THIS PAGE FOR YOUR RECORDS
APCO Employees Credit Union
MAP (Member Account Profile) Agreement
1. In this agreement, the words “you” and “your” mean each person who signs the application for this Agreement. The words “we”, “Credit Union”, “us” and “our” mean APCO EMPLOYEES CREDIT UNION. You acknowledge and agree the Credit Union may use third parties to provide or support some or all of the MAP Online System. The word “PASSWORD” means the password you select. You will be responsible for protecting the confidentiality of your PASSWORD. You agree that any person you provide the PASSWORD shall be considered an authorized user and you will be responsible jointly and separately with the authorized user for any and all transactions. The word “Account” means those accounts with us that you may access by use of your PASSWORD and MAP Online System. The “MAP Online System” is an electronically automated online service and bill applying system that may be accessed by an online computer or other electronic device through which, when used in conjunction with a Password, an electronic fund transfer may be initiated. The words “online service provider” means the Credit Union’s website, your direct computer address, CompuServe, AOL, Prodigy or other similar providers as may be offered in the future. A “business day” is a day the Credit Union’s main office is open for business.
2. EACH PERSON ENROLLING IN MAP (ONLINE BANKING) AND EACH PERSON YOU GIVE THE PASSWORD CAN ACCESS ANY OF THE DESIGNATED ACCOUNT(S) AND OTHERWISE USE THE MAP ONLINE SYSTEM.
3. The bill paying option will allow you to establish monthly payments to third parties of the same amount (you must input the amount once) or monthly payments of different amounts (you must input the amount each month). The payment methods will be by ACH (which is an electronic transfer) or mail and will be indicated on the MAP Online System. You should allow two business days for ACH payments and five business days for mailed payments to reach a third party. Bill payment requests will be processed on the date entered as the “Payment Start Date”. The payment amount will be immediately deducted from your checking account. The “Payment Start Date” for mortgage payments should be the first of the month to ensure prompt arrival. Any check sent by mail shall be sent by first class U.S. Mail. You agree we shall not be liable or otherwise responsible in any way for any check once it is mailed by us. Bill paying shall only be available through your Chek-Plus account. You agree you are totally responsible for the correctness of the third party’s name, address, amount to be paid and all other information to carry out your transaction. Requests made using the MAP Online System will result in an immediate deduction of that amount from your Chek-Plus account.
4. You will be responsible for all unauthorized transfers made from your Account by use of your PASSWORD with the MAP Online System, subject to the limitations contained in applicable federal law. Those limitations of your liability for unauthorized transfers are summarized in the disclosures accompanying this Agreement.
5. You will tell us at once if you believe your PASSWORD has been lost, stolen, discovered, used, obtained by some unauthorized person or the MAP Online System has been compromised in any way. The fastest way to notify us is to telephone us at (205) 226-6800. You understand we may suspend your access to the MAP Online System until such problems are corrected.
6. We may terminate or cancel your use of the MAP Online System at any time at our sole discretion and without notice to you. We may give you notice of termination or cancellation, but we are not obligated to do so. Your PASSWORD may not be used with the MAP Online System after we terminate or cancel, and you will discontinue its use immediately. You may terminate or cancel the use of the MAP Online System by giving a written notice to us at our main office. Your written notice of termination or cancellation will become effective not later than the end of the first business day following our actual receipt of your notice. The termination or cancellation of the use of your PASSWORD with the MAP Online System will not affect the liability incurred by you prior to termination or cancellation.
7. You must keep your share account with us open in order for you to use the MAP Online System. You must keep your Chek-Plus account open in order for you to use the bill payment services.
8. Except as changed by this Agreement, transactions initiated by the use of your PASSWORD with the MAP Online System are subject to the rules and agreements covering your Accounts with us, and this Agreement is made part of and supplemental to those rules and agreements.
9. You will pay any charges that may be approved by our Board of Directors for the use of your PASSWORD with the MAP Online System. All approved charges may, at our option, be charged against any Account that may be accessed by use of your PASSWORD.
10. In order to process your request you agree we may request and you must meet our security requirements to identify authorized users.
11. You understand that your PASSWORD when used with the MAP Online System may be used to, among other things, transfer funds between certain Accounts, withdraw funds from certain Accounts, make advances under certain Accounts, make payments to certain Accounts and authorize payment to third parties.
12. Your PASSWORD will be used only for the type of transactions and to have access to only those Accounts that we have approved in advance. If through some error the use of your PASSWORD with the MAP Online System permits you to withdraw funds from an account that you should not be allowed to use, we may charge the amount involved to an Account that you can use.
13. We have no obligation to monitor how your PASSWORD is used or to notify you if we notice any unusual activity with regards to any of your Accounts that may be accessed by use of your PASSWORD. We have no obligation to monitor how you use the MAP Online System or to notify you if we notice any unusual activity with regards to any of your Accounts that may be accessed by the use of MAP Online System. You agree obtaining Internet service is entirely your responsibility. You agree providing a computer to use the system is entirely your responsibility. You agree you are responsible for all charges assessed by communications companies, local and long distance telephone companies, online service providers or other related companies.
14. You agree we accept no responsibility for equipment failure or damage, computer viruses, or software damage that may occur as a result of your use of the MAP Online System. Even though we believe the MAP Online System will prove to be reliable, the system may not operate properly at all times. We, therefore, do not promise the MAP Online System will always be available for your use. You will not attempt to make a transfer when the system tells you, or other circumstances give you reason to believe, the system is closed or is not operating properly due to a technical malfunction or is otherwise unable to initiate the transaction you desire. You agree we assume no liability due to your inability to access the MAP Online System for any reason, including but not limited to, communication problems or interruption or equipment failure.
15. This Agreement may be changed at any time by mailing a copy of any changes to your last statement address. Changes will be effective on the date we specify them to you unless we are required, by federal law, to give you advance notice. Your use of your PASSWORD with the MAP Online System after the effective date of any change will acknowledge your acceptance of the change.
16. We can delay in enforcing any of our rights under this Agreement without losing them. The fact that we do not enforce our rights in one instance does not mean that we will not do so in another instance. This Agreement and all transactions under this Agreement will be governed by Alabama law and applicable federal law. You hereby acknowledge receipt of a copy of this Agreement and the disclosures and agree to all of the terms set forth therein.
REGULATION E DISCLOSURE STATEMENT
YOUR ACCESS DEVICE AND ELECTRONIC FUND TRANSFERS
YOU CANNOT USE THE MAP ONLINE SYSTEM TO TRANSFER MONEY INTO OR OUT OF YOUR ACCOUNT UNTIL WE HAVE VALIDATED ITS USE.
To validate the system, you must choose a password (PASSWORD) and be authorized by APCO EMPLOYEES CREDIT UNION. When the PASSWORD is entered, the system will then be validated and may be used through an online computer or other appropriate electronic access device.
ACCOUNT ACCESS: Your PASSWORD may be used with an online computer or other appropriate electronic access device to allow you to initiate any of the following transactions*, provided the accounts have been authorized for use. You may make:
- Transfer from Share to Chek-Plus
- Transfer from Chek-Plus to Share
- Transfer from Share to Loan Payment
- Transfer from Chek-Plus to Loan Payment
- Check withdrawal from Share
- Check withdrawal from open-end loan
- Check withdrawal from Chek-Plus
- Transaction history of all accounts
- Inquiry of all designated accounts
- Change your PASSWORD
- Transfer funds to another APCO account to which you have access
* Transfers and check withdrawals not permitted from club accounts.
BILL PAYMENT: You may also use the MAP Online System to make payments to third parties.
LIMITATION ON TRANSFERS: Except for your Chek-Plus account, you may not make more than six withdrawals or transfers to another Credit Union account of yours or to a third party by means of a preauthorized or automatic transfer or telephonic order or instruction during any statement period. No more than three of the six transfers may be made by check, draft, debit card, if applicable, or similar order to a third party. If you exceed the transfer limitations set forth above in any statement period, your account may be closed by us or be subject to any excess share withdrawal fee implemented by our Board of Directors. For security reasons, there may be limits on the number or dollar amount of transfers you can make using our system.
BUSINESS DAYS: Our business days are Monday through Friday. Holidays are not included. Of course, the MAP Online System is open at times other than business days of our Credit Union.
SUMMARY OF YOUR LIABILITY FOR UNAUTHORIZED TRANSFERS: Tell us at ONCE if you believe your PASSWORD has been lost or stolen. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses down. You could lose all the money in your account(s). If you tell us within 2 business days you can lose no more than $50. 00 if someone used your PASSWORD without your permission. If you believe your PASSWORD has been lost or stolen, and you tell us within 2 business days after you learn of the loss or theft, you can lose no more than $50. 00 if someone used your PASSWORD without your permission. If you do NOT tell us within two (2) business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your PASSWORD, and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your PASSWORD without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500. 00. Also, if your statement shows transfers that you did not make, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within 60 days after the statement was mailed to you, you may not get back any money you lost after the 60 days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us in time. If a good reason (such as a long trip or hospital stay) kept you from telling us, we will extend the time periods. If you believe your PASSWORD has been lost or stolen or that someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission, call (205) 226-6800, or write us at APCO EMPLOYEES CREDIT UNION, 750 17th Street North, Birmingham, Alabama 35203.
SERVICE CHARGES: Each account affected by the transaction use of the MAP Online System will be subject to the regular service charge imposed for that specified account.
SUMMARY OF YOUR RIGHT TO RECEIVE DOCUMENTATION OF TRANSFERS: You will get a monthly account statement (unless there are no transfers in a particular month). In any case, you will get the statement at least quarterly.
RIGHT TO STOP PAYMENT AND PROCEDURE FOR DOING SO: If you have told us in advance to make regular payments out of your account, you can stop any of these payments. Here is how: You may stop such payments by using the MAP Online System or calling us at (205)226-6800, or writing us at APCO EMPLOYEES CREDIT UNION, 750 17th Street North, Birmingham, Alabama 35203 in time for us to receive your request 3 business days or more before the payment is scheduled to be made. If you call, we may also require that you put your request in writing and get it to us within 14 days after you call. We will charge you the Credit Union’s stop payment charge for each stop payment order you give. If these regular payments may vary in amount, the person you are going to pay will tell you 10 days before each payment when it will be made and how much it will be. (You may choose instead to get this notice only when the payment would differ by more than a certain amount from the previous payment, or when the amount would fall outside certain limits that you set). If you order us to stop one of these payments 3 business days or more before the transfer is scheduled, and we do not do so, we will be liable for your losses or damages.
SUMMARY OF CREDIT UNION ’S LIABILITY FOR FAILURE TO MAKE TRANSFERS: If we do not complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in correct amount according to our agreement with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages as required by Federal law. However, there are some exceptions. We will not be liable for, for instance:
- If through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account to make the transfer;
- If the transfer would go over the credit limit on a loan;
- If the system was not working properly, and you knew about the breakdown when you started the transfer;
- If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire or flood) prevent the transfer, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken;
- If the funds in your account are subject to a court order or other restriction preventing the transfer; and
- There may be other exceptions stated in our agreement with you.
CIRCUMSTANCES UNDER WHICH WE WILL DISCLOSE ACCOUNT INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES: The Credit Union will disclose information to third parties about your accounts or transfers you made:
- When it is necessary to complete the transfers;
- In order to verify the existence and conditions of your account for a third party such as a credit bureau or merchant;
- In order to comply with a government agency or court orders; or
- If you give us written permission.
SUMMARY OF OUR ERROR RESOLUTION PROCEDURE IN CASE OF ERRORS OR QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR ELECTRONIC TRANSFERS: In case of Errors or Questions About Your Electronic Transfers, telephone us at (205) 226-6800, or write to us at APCO EMPLOYEES CREDIT UNION, 750 17th Street North, Birmingham, Alabama 35203, as soon as you can, if you think your statement or receipt is wrong or if you need more information about a transfer listed on the statement or receipt. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared.
- Tell us your name and statement account number (if any).
- Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
- Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within 10 business days. We will tell you the results of our investigation within 10 business days* after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45**days to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within 10*business days for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within 10 business days, we may not credit your account. If we decided that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation within three business days after we finish our investigation. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
*If you assert an error within 30 days after you make the first deposit to your account, we will have 20 business days instead of 10 business days.
**If you give notice of an error within 30 days after you make (1) the first deposit to your account, or (2) notice of an error involving a transaction initiated outside the U. S., its possessions and territories, we will have 90 calendar days instead of 45 calendar days to investigate.